Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How you can help a former Biggest Loser Contestant change lives.

Do you watch The Biggest Loser? If you do, did you ever ask yourself why you watch it? Why do you like it so much?

One day, someone asked me that question. After thinking about it I realized...

All though I have never been obese, for some reason I empathize with those who are. It's to the point where someone who doesn't know me would think I was obese at some point in my life. I was slightly over weight after having my 2 girls, but soon after my second I went into action and changed my life. I started getting active and changed my eating habits...all to create a healthy lifestyle, and of course lose weight. I was inspired by a friend who was running her first marathon to take on the challenge myself. I thought it would be a great long term goal to keep me motivated. A few months later I ran my first 5k and let's just say I became a running addict. In 2 years I have run countless 5ks, 10ks, 15k, half marathons, and 2 marathons...with 2 more marathons scheduled this year.

Anywho, it has taken me 2 years, but I am 3 pounds shy of my goal weight. To date, I have lost 27 pounds. And each pound took lots of sweat, hard work, determination, and mental battles.

Losing weight isn't easy...actually it's probably one of the hardest things most of us will ever have to do. It's physically, emotionally, and mentally challenging to lose weight. Although, I have been able to do it on my own, I am positive that many people cannot. They need the support, the encouragement, the teachers to guide every step of the way. That's where Tara Costa's Inspire Change Foundation comes in. This foundation can provide the support to people who just need that push to get them to the start line, the hand to help them get over the hurdle, and the cheers to get them to the finish. (Tara is a former contestant on Biggest Loser Season 7).

I strongly believe that although obesity is caused by overeating, there is a root cause, and that in MOST cases is emotional pain. People who are depressed or think that losing lots of weight is impossible are always in need of support to get started and need someone to help them find their way. We, as individuals, may not be able to help many people on our own, but by supporting Inspire Change Foundation we can. Weight loss may not mean a lot to you, but to some people it will CHANGE, and in some cases even SAVE their lives.

Help SAVE a life. In October, I am running the Marine Corps Marathon to not only help support the men and women that defend our freedom, but I am running it to help my fellow Americans who struggle with the latest obesity epidemic get a chance at a new life. One that without Tara Costa's help they may not get. You may not be able to run a marathon, but by donating to this cause, a part of you will be running with me...LET'S CHANGE A LIFE TOGETHER!


With lots of gratitude for your support.
Andi Dornelas

No comments:

Post a Comment